Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard // Such a good read!!!

by - June 21, 2017


I was brave. She was reckless. We were trouble.
Hey, It's Skye here and I am here today with Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard.

Can I just say before we start how much I love the cover of this book???
It was what drew me to the book in the first place, It is so aesthetic and also is the perfect shade of turquoise for joining blue - green when I do rainbow book stacks. 
See!!!!!


Beautiful Broken Things is about a shy, quiet girl named Caddy.
Caddy has been best friends with Rosie for as long as she can remember. When Caddy turns 16 she starts wishing she could be more like confident, fun and popular Rosie. As the story continues Rosie introduces Caddy to Suzanne, A beautiful, mysterious and fun girl that Caddy has always wanted to be. After at first seeing Suzie as a threat. As Caddy gets to know more about Suzanne's past she is beginning to think that a little trouble may not be that bad at all. 
But when Suzanne's past finally comes to chase her up Caddy is sucked into a downwards momentum that may ruin her forever.

Because no one can break your heart like your best friend.




  • The realisticness of it all
While it seems like a usual three-way best friend crisis novel BBT is nothing like that, It has such realistic elements, With suicide to peer presure, BBT has it all.

  • Tarin

 Tarin is Caddy's older sister and she just rocks. I wish she had been given a bigger role in the book just because I want to see more of her! She was Bi-Polar when she was younger and has come out of it as a strong, funny young woman.

  • Texting
You know how in books they show text messages between characters? BBT is one of those books. The text messaging is hilarious and is just one of those aspects that help tie the book together



There wasn't much I didn't like in Beautiful Broken Things but if I had to pick I would have to say the


  • Lack of Rosie
On some blurbs/reviews on Beautiful Broken Things, they say that it tells the story of Rosie and Caddy but Rosie isn't a massive character of the book at all and she isn't part of many scenes in the book.



Please excuse the fact that the U is missing in Beautiful, I couldn't find another one

Overall I loved Beautiful Broken Things and am looking forward to reading 'A quiet kind of thunder' By Sara Barnard as well since this was such a great read.

Skye


 




You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Those pictures. Those pictures Skye are absolutely amazing. If you took those pictures. Like wow. This post looks so professional. You need to do more book reviews like this. So cooooollllll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did take the photos, I'm so glad you like them. I am definitely doing more reviews in the future! Thanks a lot,
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, this book has been on my TBR pile for quite some time, and now I really want to bump it up to the top and find it at my library!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Push it right to the top girl! You won't be disappointed!
      Skye

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many great things about this novel!
    great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOH! it seems like such a good book. *added to my TBR* Wonderful review!

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Skye!
    It's me anael and I was just wondering if perhaps you would like to be my penpal? I am really into writing letters and it would be great if we could exchange letters! See my blog for more details
    anaeldaydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, All I ask is for you to keep it clean

Copyright June 2017 to Skye, The owner of this blog All images and words used are the property of Skye, The owner of this blog and if not will be stated. Do not steal. If there are copyright or trademark problems please contact the author.